Last updated on November 21, 2014.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should first contact privacy@WindowsWear.com.
Personal Information on this Site is collected by WindowsWear Inc., 349 Fifth Ave., New York, NY 10016, USA and its telephone number is 1-646-827-2288.
You have the right to access and correct your Personal Information and privacy preferences at any time. This may be accomplished by e-mailing privacy@WindowsWear.com For security purposes certain Personal Information can only be changed by contacting support by email.
As a visitor to the Site, you can engage in many activities without providing any Personal Information.
However, when you order products or services as a WindowsWear subscriber, we may collect the following Personal Information from you:
Contact information such as your name, phone and fax numbers, address and email address; and Billing information such as the number, expiration date, card type and billing address of your credit card; and Demographic information such as your job title, job description and company name and company type. If you submit content to WindowsWear for licensing, you may be asked to provide the following information:
Contact information such as your name, phone number, primary address, and email address.
WindowsWear will verify this information by asking you to either: a) upload a scan of a government issued ID (which will be stored on our servers); or b) provide a credit card number. Your credit card number will be used solely for the purpose of verifying your name and address. The credit card number will not be stored.
Payment and contributor information including, but not limited to, payout method, payout email, desired display name, skill level, content focus, etc.
Depending upon the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
As is true of most websites, when you use the Site, WindowsWear or third parties authorized by WindowsWear may also collect certain technical and routing information about your computer to facilitate your use of the Site and its services. For example, we may log environmental variables, such as browser type, operating system, CPU speed, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer. We use these environmental variables to facilitate and track your use of the Site and its services. WindowsWear also uses such environmental variables to measure traffic patterns on the Site. To better understand the needs of our visitors to the Site we may occasionally match such information with your Personal Information.
In order to reduce errors in our database, authenticate our users, and prevent abuse of our system, we may on occasion supplement the Personal Information you submit to us with information from third-party sources. For example, we may supplement your contact information with address information provided by the U.S. Postal Service to qualify your information and prevent errors in our database. As permissible, we may also supplement the information you provide to us with demographic and other information (such as age or interest in photography) stored in third-party databases in order to make it more likely that marketing communications we send will be of interest to you.
WindowsWear uses one or more outside credit card processing companies to bill you for our goods and services. To the best of our knowledge, these companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
We also share Personal Information with certain companies that perform services on our behalf. We only share the Personal Information which is necessary for them to perform those services. We require any company with which we may share Personal Information to protect that data in a manner consistent with this policy and to limit the use of such Personal Information to the performance of services WindowsWear.
We do not sell or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, transparent images, and/or third party sources to create a summary of your preferences. We tie your personally identifiable information, and/or your membership usage history, to information in the summary, in order to provide tailored promotions and marketing offers, to improve the content of the site for you and/or to determine your preferences.
We further reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information as required by law (e.g., to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or legal process served on WindowsWear ) and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, avoid litigation, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, and/or respond to a government request. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that such disclosure should be made for reasons of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to delete your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at Support@WindowsWear.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You may "opt out" of receiving WindowsWear's email updates, newsletters and/or partner emails by emailing privacy@WindowsWear.com. The choice to opt out of such communications is also generally available during the sign-up process. WindowsWear will still contact you when there are changes to the Terms of Service or Submitter Terms & Conditions, as applicable. In addition, we will still send you service-related announcements including, but not limited to, a registration email, benefit notification emails, emails automatically triggered by actions you took on the Site and bill related notices. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you wish not to receive them, you have the option of deactivating your account
The Personal Information that you provide in connection with the use of the Site is protected in several ways.
Access by you to your account profile is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. You should strive to use a strong, alpha-numeric password which you should not divulge to anyone.
Your Personal Information resides on a secure server that only selected WindowsWear personnel and contractors have access to via password.
Your Personal Information is encrypted whenever it is transmitted to WindowsWear.
When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We strive to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once
We strive to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. While we use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web Site, you can send email to us at privacy@WindowsWear.com.
The Site may automatically collect information as you browse, such as Internet Service Provider, browser type and version, operating system and device type, average time spent on our site(s), pages viewed, information accessed, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and other relevant statistics. Such information is sometimes referred to as web analytics and/or clickstream data.
An action tag is similar to a cookie. Action tags help us identify and track the performance of web pages on the Site, allowing us to measure the performance and quality of the Site and to manage Site content. In addition, we may use action tags in emails. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of marketing campaigns by showing, for example, how many emails have been opened.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our Site, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Site. WindowsWear stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Your friend may contact support@WindowsWear.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
We do not intend to solicit or collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not enter information on this site or engage our services. If you believe a child of yours under the age of 18 has entered Personal Information please contact Support@WindowsWear.com to have the data removed.
349 Fifth Ave.
New York, NY 10016
Last updated on November 21, 2014.
4. You agree that you will not use WindowsWear's Trademarks in any manner that might tarnish, disparage, or reflect adversely on such Trademarks or WindowsWear.
5. You agree that you will not contest or otherwise challenge (e.g., in any legal action or otherwise), or assist or encourage any other person or entity to contest or challenge, the validity of any of WindowsWear Trademarks or the Trademark rights claimed by WindowsWear.
6. You agree that you will not use any WindowsWear Trademark or any variant thereof including misspellings) as a domain name or as part of a domain name regardless of the top-level domain, or as a metatag, keyword, or any other type of programming code or data.
7. You may not at any time, adopt or use, without WindowsWear's prior written consent any word or mark which is similar to or likely to be confused with WindowsWear's Trademarks.
8. The look and feel of the WindowsWear website, including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts, is the trade dress and/or trademark or service mark of WindowsWear and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of WindowsWear.
9. All other trademarks, product names, and company names or logos used or appearing on the WindowsWear website are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by WindowsWear, unless expressly so stated.
10. You may not use a WindowsWear trademark, logo, Image or other proprietary graphic of WindowsWear to link to the WindowsWear website without the prior written consent of WindowsWear.
11. You may not frame or hotlink to the WindowsWear website or any Image without the prior written consent of WindowsWear.
12. If you believe that any Image or other material made available by WindowsWear infringes upon any copyright that you own or control, you may notify WindowsWear in the manner set forth in our DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice Policy.
13. You agree that you shall not:
a. Engage in any conduct that shall constitute a violation of any law or that infringes the rights of WindowsWear or any third party.
c. Violate the rights of WindowsWear or any third party (including rights of privacy and publicity) or abuse, defame, harass, stalk or threaten another.
14. Certain Content will only be made available to users who pay WindowsWear a fee for such Content and/or enter into a subscription agreement or other use agreement for that particular Content. Unless you enter into a subscription agreement with WindowsWear you may not download, distribute, display and/or copy any Content.
15. You may not remove any watermarks or copyright notices contained in the Content.
16. WindowsWear reserves the right to revoke this license at any time for any reason.
17. WindowsWear may block, restrict, disable, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of the Site and Content at any time in WindowsWear's discretion, without prior notice or liability to you.
18. IN THE EVENT THAT WINDOWSWEAR PROVIDES LINKS FROM ITS WEBSITE TO ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE OR PERMITS ANY THIRD PARTY TO LINK FROM ITS WEBSITE TO THE WINDOWSWEAR WEBSITE, YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT WINDOWSWEAR MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONTENT OR PRACTICES OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES OR THEIR WEBSITES. SUCH WEBSITES ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OF WINDOWSWEAR, AND WINDOWSWEAR PROVIDES AND/OR PERMITS THESE LINKS ONLY AS A CONVENIENCE TO YOU. THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES NOT IMPLY AFFILIATION, ENDORSEMENT, OR ADOPTION BY WINDOWSWEAR.